1. INITIAL SCREENING TEST (1st Stage of Testing) – Use high sensitivity test kit .02µg/100cm2 or Mid-Range Sensitivity Test .5µg/100cm2 Is there meth contamination ‘YES’ or ‘NO’.
The reason why we recommend to start with high sensitivity test So you can determine meth residue even at a lower level & able to measure the amount of meth residue present if positive. If someone is smoking meth it will start at a low level contamination, due time it will increase. The higher the readings, the more it will cost to clean.
Do not use the 10 x 10 template Collect samples by swabbing the sterilized swab as much coverage as possible, make sure you have used more than half of the liquid in the buffer solution, this gives you an indication you have enough coverage to do your test.
Always swab above shoulder height with high airflow traffic near doors, windows & power box, Do not swab any areas with high hand traffic at this stage. – (1 area per test kit)
2. DETAILED TEST If Positive, please use the 10 x 10 template supplied to measure how high or low the meth residue with different strength of sensitivity use 1.5µg / 100cm2 This time, test it per area. (you will require (2) NZ 8510 Standard 5µg/100cm2 meth test kit per area for verification) This type of test is designed to assess where the contamination is within the property & eliminate non contaminated areas. (Even a partially contaminated result (T = line faint) will require a laboratory detailed test to see how high the residue) We can provide this service as well. Remember this is only an indicative base test.
- 1 swab per bedroom
- 1 swab per area for hallways, laundry, bathrooms
- 1 swab per area for kitchen, dining room, lounge/dining room
- 1 swab per area for the garage, workshop, garden shed